- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1.5 cups pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 grated pear
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Mix all the oats, pepitas, coconut and spice blend together in a large bowl
- Add the honey, oil, grated pear and pumpkin puree and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture onto baking trays and bake in the oven at 160 degrees celsius for 15 minutes.
- Keep a very close eye on your granola while its in the oven and stir it every five minutes to prevent the edges burning.
- Turn the oven down to the minimum setting (ie 50 degrees or so) and leave the mixture in the oven to dry out further for about an hour. Check it regularly.
- Let it cool and store in airtight container in the fridge.
- Serve with yoghurt and stewed fruit for a hearty breakfast or snack.